Price is Right Shoppe
1996, The Price Is Right Shoppe began in a room at the Behavioral Health Division, as a clothing store to persons with mental illness hospitalized at the Wauwatosa campus. In 1998, the Shoppe moved to its own building on the County grounds and expanded its offerings and outreach to other needy residents of Milwaukee County. In 2002, it relocated to a 10,000 square foot site at 629 N. 36th street. After seven years at this location, the shoppe returned to the county grounds. In 2010, the shoppe moved to its final destination at 1527 W. National Avenue.
In 2017, Our Space served over 1148 Milwaukee County residents providing free shopping opportunity.
The success of Price is Right Shoppe depends on donations from the community. Please, think of us when cleaning out your closet. If you itemize deductions on your federal tax return, Our Space will provide you with a tax donation receipt and you are entitled to claim a charitable deduction. We accepts donations M-F, 9 am-2 pm. Sorry, we do not accept children’s items.
- Women’s and Men’s clothing and shoes (shoes and larger sizes are always in demand).
- Kitchen items such as microwaves, coffee pots, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, plates, cups and other kitchen utensils (please do not send chipped items or things that should be thrown away).
- Bathroom items such as shower curtains, small rugs, tooth brush holders, toiletries, towels, and wash clothes.
- Bedroom items such as sheets, blankets, pillows, end table lamps, and curtains.
- Livingroom items such as decor pillows, table lamps, floor lamps, TVs, radios, throw blankets and curtains.
- Other household items are welcomed if unopened such as wash soap, detergent, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, feminine products, Q-tips, cotton balls, Band-Aids and other and hygiene items.