Parachute House – Peer-Run Respite
In partnership with the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division, The Parachute House is a respite for individuals experiencing emotional distress or who are in a low-level crisis in need of additional support through supportive conversation and other wellness opportunities. The Parachute House offers private guest rooms and is staffed by Certified Peer Support Specialists, who have lived experience and have been successful in their own journey to recovery.
NOTE: You must contact the Parachute House at 414-877-5918 for arrival instructions. Address is undisclosed to protect our guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can access services?
- Milwaukee County adult residents (18 and over)
- Individuals experiencing emotional distress and or crisis related to mental health and/or substance abuse challenges.
- Individuals who are experiencing an increase in symptoms, stressors, or exacerbation, who are in need of support and supportive services to aid in their recovery to avert crises and avoid hospitalizations.
- Individuals who are able to live next to an elementary school and nursing home
- Individuals who are not a harm to self or others.
How do I receive services?
- Through voluntary, self-referral, to promote self-determination and direction.
- Call the Parachute House at 414-877-5918 for a guest pre-stay conversation.
- Welcome hours are between 8:00am and 7:00pm, 7 days a week.
What should I expect at the Parachute House?
- The Parachute House serves as a short-term (seven day), residential resource.
- The Parachute House provides a welcoming and accepting home-like environment 24/7/365.
- While the Parachute House is not clinical, we support individuals who may want to connect with these services in the community.
- A safe and relaxing place to pause and reset.
- One-on-one supportive conversations with a peer support specialist.
- Wellness activities.
- Come and go as you choose to continue with work or other scheduled activities.